Saturday, March 6, 2010

And then there was me..

The idea is this, 730 goodies in 365 days. What constitutes a "goodie"? That's pretty simple, anything that I find inspirational. Sounds easy doesn't it? In good times, I could do that in just a small amount of time, however things haven't been good for a long while. Even the things that make me "happy," don't. A little history. I recently lost my job, I'm a new mom, and spent my first Christmas since I entered the workforce unemployed. It was beyond devastating. To say the least, I've lost will to do most things, including the most basic. I have started a dozen projects, none of them seen to completion. I'm disappointed that I can't seem to finish anything. I need to discover a new passion for life. For something. There are so many things that interest me, so many things I love to do, yet I find myself unable to find joy in anything. I realized I needed to rediscover inspiration. I began reading, which I only do when I'm depressed and don't want to get out of bed (or more commonly the bath). I remembered how nice it was to sit in a bathtub full of bubbles with a book. I had the idea to begin watching movies at home with my family (typically don't watch TV or many movies). And just last night, plain as day, I figured out my path. Ironically, I have been on it this whole time, just never realized how to implement or remain committed until now.

So I sat and watched Julie & Julia with my family. I do love cooking. And ironically, blogging. For those of you who have seen it, you know. For those of you who haven't strongly recommend seeing in. The long and short of it, Julie decides she needs to have a goal. 1 year to cook her way through Julia Childs' cookbook. With 500+ recipes she had 365 days to do it. How ingenious. I have blogs, many blogs, including a cooking blog. However, with my son, remaining committed to cooking these types of dishes in our completely inadequate kitchen was not an option. But searching out inspiration was. I am deciding to take charge of my mind. I will find something inspirational to boost my mood. I will make myself better.

This is where intention comes in. I am going to will myself to change myself. Not like going to the gym or taking up painting to produce an outward effect. But rearranging my outlook and introspection on life and living. Thereby affecting the outward. When we are children we have an innate curiosity and wonder that, as life continues turns into a more sour skeptical outlook. I'm not talking about regressing to childhood, just regaining that wonder and acceptance of beauty to allow it to fill me with something other than sadness and apathy.

These are the beginnings of a reformed me. Please stand-by. Results may vary. Do try it at home, send me a message or comment if you have similar experiences.

Yours,
~ Intentionally Inspired

No comments:

Post a Comment